Wednesday 25 September 2013

'Crete is full' Thank goodness otherwise I'd never have found Kefalos





‘Where are we going?’ said Ron. ‘Some place called Kefalos, Crete is full’ I said. And 25 years later we’re still going to Kos. You get hooked for life once you go to Kefalos. It’s quiet, it’s peaceful, it’s friendly, it’s a place where you get to say Kalispera everyday and get an answer back. It’s safe, it’s laid back.

Is it beautiful? I think so, though maybe not in that breath-taking sort of way, more in that comfortable, familiar way, especially when you drive into Kamari bay from the airport and see Agios Stefanos in front of you. It’s a place that has so many hidden gems to offer and once you get to know the locals they will be pleased to share them with you. It’s also a place where anyone of any age can go and feel safe and welcome.

 

 



Why on earth did I believe that Crete could be full when there were only two pages of Hotels in the brochure? Well I'm glad I believed them then otherwise I would never have found the magic of Kefalos.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment